Wednesday, May 04, 2011

The Internet is Changing Our Brain Patterns

The Internet has transformed our existence. The barrage of information coming at us and all the ways we're "connected" has changed the way we think and process information.

Have you noticed that
  • you're less focused and it's harder to concentrate for long periods?
  • you've gotten much better at scanning instead of fully reading?
  • you feel more rushed?
Marketing in this landscape is different than it used to be. This can be a bit discouraging for the small business owner. 
  • How in the world do I keep up? 
  • What should I be focusing my energy on? 
  • Where should I be spending our marketing dollars?
I'm sure you'd agree that competition is tougher today than ever before. New marketing media is constantly emerging. And some simply isn't affordable for small business.

It's important to establish business goals that help you stay focused and weed out the clutter. Have you taken time away from your business to establish some priorities and goals for where you want to be 6 months from now? 1 year? 5 years?

I've found this activity has really helped me focus among the distractions. I map out exactly where I want to go and what I want to focus on. For my business, I find this works best if I I do this quarterly. Your review time-frame may be different; do what works best for you.

To read more about the ritual I use and to help you begin your goal-setting, download my goal planning workbook. It's an affordable $4.95 and you can purchase it here: My Goals

It will help you identify your strengths and weaknesses, establish your short- and long-term goals, and measure your success.
Download your copy today

Ciao for now, Paula

No comments: