Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Private Social Networks

This is intriguing. Private ways to keep in touch with small groups you establish - family or business - using a mobile app.

Most of us participate in some form of social network whether it's for personal use or for business. And the mobile world has allowed us to do so on the fly from our portable devices. This new way of using social networks will allow us to do more of what we're doing already, but faster and in a more private manner, from our mobile devices.

Group texting apps like GroupMe and Beluga allow you to have a private chat (group messaging), conduct a conference call or share photos with any groups you create using the app.

I can see how these private social networks can be valuable in my own business and family. How about you?

I'd use it to chat with my kids (who both live in different states), conference call with the immediate family or share photos family-wide. I'd also utilize it to communicate with some of my client groups that have more than one decision-maker or multiple team members. This app could be a great time-saver!

I read about this at DuctTapeMarketing.com (John Jantsch). Read his full blog post here.

No comments: